Cooking from the Heart
Fragrant Isle Lavender Farm and Le Petit Bistro are pleased to announce the second in a series of summer cooking classes. Join Washington Island’s very own Roxanne Boren. Take part in a truly fun cooking class; designed by one of the most talented home cooks we have ever encountered. Learn how to prepare delicious food, using fresh ingredients that will dazzle your family and friends. Spend an afternoon with Roxanne and watch as she weaves a bit of magic into every morsel on your plate. She will steal your heart, you will love her food and it is all happening at beautiful Fragrant Isle Lavender Farm!
The fee for each class is $35.00. Seating is limited, reservations required.
Class times are 11:00 AM and 1:30 PM.
Class registration can be made by calling 1-(920) 847-2950
Monday June 27th. 2016 - Waldorf Astoria Salad “Fragrant Isle Style”
- Crab and Shrimp Cake with freshly roasted tomato sauce paired with grilled Pineapple Salad.
- Lavender Tapioca Parfait
Monday July 11th. 2016 – Easy Bread Recipe
- Apricot Chestnut and Gorgonzola Cheese served on White Chocolate, Walnut Bread.
- Bread Pudding with Spiced Apple Compote. Served with a dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream and drizzled with decadent Bacon, Lavender Caramel Sauce.
Monday August 1st. 2016 – South of the Border
- Green Rice and Pork Tenderloin served with Mole Sauce. Finished with Guacamole Salsa, and Crème Fraiche on a Flour Tortilla
- Lavender Flan and Dulce Sauce
Monday August 22nd. 2016 – Under the Mediterranean Sun
- Homemade Pita with Lavender marinated Shrimp cooked on a Himalayan Salt Block and served with a Morocco Taco
- Cashew Cigar Baklava
Monday September 6th. 2016 – Rustic Italian Table
- Agnolotti Pasta filled sweet potato and bacon
- Poached Lavender Pear with Grand Marnier Custard Sauce
Monday September 19th. 2016 – Treat from the Mushroom Garden
- Mushroom and Onion Tart with melted Goat Cheese served over fresh Garden Greens
- Galette with Lavender infused Fresh Fruit