Fragrant Isle Lavender Festival 2016
Join Fragrant Isle Lavender Farm and Shop as we celebrate our second annual “All Things Lavender” Festival July 22nd. 23rd. and 24th. 2016. Visit Washington Island’s first and largest lavender farm. Experience what sets us apart and makes us one of the Midwest’s Premier Lavender Farms.
- Wander amongst our 14,000 lush, aromatic lavender plants. Bring your cameras, your sketch pads or paint brushes and put your creativity to use in row after row of purple splendor.
- Attend one of the several seminars hosted daily. Learn how to grow lavender and gain an understanding of how our lavender is harvested and processed. Or, listen and learn about the many ways in which lavender may be used.
- The working barn will dazzle your senses when you witness firsthand freshly harvested bundles of lavender hung to dry. Watch as we offer distillation demonstrations and experience the heady aroma of freshly processed lavender.
- Visit Fragrant Isle’s gorgeous lavender shop where nearly 120 products represent some of the wonderful ways in which we use our lavender. We have created luxurious bath and body products to cover you from head to toe. You will fall in love with our artisan soaps, lotions and creams.
- Our house and home products offer safe, all natural alternatives.
- For the food enthusiast we invite you try the finest Culinary Lavender and Herbs de Provence available in the Midwest. We have jams, jellies, honeys, vinegars, mustards and cookbooks for inspiration.
- Join in some festival fun! Pull up a seat and listen to our talented local musicians. Clap your hands, tap your toes, dance a jig or relax with a glass of wine and simply enjoy the entertainment in our open air venue.
- Treat yourself to a taste of lavender in Le Petit Bistro. Our melt in your mouth, handmade chocolates will leave you wanting more! Freshly baked Croissant, and an assortment of pastries will be available. It would not be summer without ice cream! Our vanilla lavender ice cream is a must try! Quench your thirst with a tasty beverage. Specialties include coffees, teas, lemonade, dry lavender soda, wine and beer.
- Plan to spend time with Ann Marie Craig from Century Farms. Learn the technique for lavender wand making. Step by step instructions and materials are available for purchase.
- Our cutting garden will be open this year. Gather a bundle of your very own, freshly cut lavender to take home.
- Visit our lavender Faerie and enjoy whimsical face painting or balloon twisting for children.